1. Attempting to apply your first set of false eyelashes.
And failing monumentally.
2. Then finally achieving your first successful attempt.
Complete with several selfies to commemorate the moment.
3. Purchasing a new lipstick and marvelling at its smooth, untouched beauty.
4. Watching your first makeup tutorial.
And somehow finding it oddly relaxing.
5. Inspecting the results of a pore strip and being both insanely grossed out and slightly impressed.
Unless there isn’t much on it, in which case you’re FURIOUS.
6. Creating your very own graveyard of cotton buds.
7. Tidying your makeup to make it appear aesthetically pleasing.
And feeling super proud after you’ve done it.
8. Using your hand as a makeup palette.
9. Purchasing a beautiful set of brushes.
10. Getting a new makeup brush and running it along your hand and face to feel how impossibly soft it is.
11. Trying on your first liquid matte lipstick.
12. And then trying to take it off.
13. Opening your first fancy eyeshadow palette.
And feeling like you’ve really stepped up your game.
14. Cleaning your brushes for the first time and restoring them to their original fluffy state.
15. Experiencing the sorrow of a product you love being discontinued.
Or losing it and never finding it again.
16. Dropping a product and contemplating whether life is really worth living at all.
17. Pulling the classic “mascara face”.
18. And the “fuck, getting lipstick on my teeth” face.
19. Finding your holy grail product that you can’t be without.
20. Perfecting your winged eyeliner for the first time.
And probably the last time.